We all lose our motivation from time to time. Sometimes we just can't find the motivation to get up and get to work in the morning. The daily grind of work can be so exhausting, especially when we are feeling overwhelmed, stressed, or burned out. At times it can be tough to keep our heads up and push on through the day. Just not feeling like doing any work is incredibly common. This can be extremely taxing on not only our mental health, but also our physical and emotional well-being.
It's important to have a support system when we're feeling this way - whether that's friends, family, or a professional therapist. But it's also helpful to have some inspiring quotes to keep us positive!
Recommended reading: How to Stop Waiting for Life and Start Taking Action
Do any of these statements ring true to you?
…I don’t want to go to work.
... I wish I had the day off
…I wish it was the weekend again.
...I wish I could quit my job.
…How am I going to survive five straight days of this?
…I hate my job.
Maybe some of these statements sound familiar and they’re something that you battle with internally with yourself.
It all starts in your mind!
That's why it's important to have a few inspirational quotes to help us keep positive during these tough times. In this blog post, we will share 20 inspirational quotes to help you keep your head up when you're feeling unmotivated, uninspired, and sick and tired of your job.
20 Inspirational quotes for when you don't feel like doing your job
1. "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
2. "Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." - Jim Ryun
3. "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." - C.S. Lewis
4. "Believe you can and you're halfway there." - Theodore Roosevelt
5. "Don't watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going." - Sam Levenson
6. "Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
7. "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." - Eleanor Roosevelt
8. "Don't let yesterday take up too much of today." - Will Rogers
9. "Everything you want is on the other side of fear." - Jack Canfield
10. "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." - Wayne Gretzky
11. "The only way to do great work is to love what you do." - Steve Jobs
12. "Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle." - Christian D. Larson
13. "Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it." - Maya Angelou
14. "Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do." - Steve Jobs
15. "Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground." - Theodore Roosevelt
16. "The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today." - Franklin D. Roosevelt
17. "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison
18. "I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination" - Jimmy Dean
19. "The best way to predict your future is to create it." - Abraham Lincoln
20. "It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." - Confucius
Recommended reading: 11 Inspirational Job Interview Quotes to Help You Smash Your Next Interview
We hope these quotes inspire and motivate you! Please share with someone you know who needs a little inspiration right now.
Remember that you are not alone in feeling sick and tired of working. These negative emotions are incredibly common. But with a positive attitude and some hard work, you can overcome anything!