Step aside, first-day jitters — you've got a new job, and you're ready to make your first day a memorable one. You're eager to make a first good impression and confident that you will do great things in your new role. You'll meet your new coworkers, get your workspace set up and learn about your new company's rules and culture.
You want to show your new employer that you're excited about the opportunity and confident in your abilities. It's also important to be professional and act like you've been there before. Be polite and courteous to your co-workers, and take the time to get to know them.
Recommended reading: 6 Red Flags to Look Out for When Accepting a Job Offer
But before you get too ahead of yourself, don't forget to read these motivational quotes to help keep you inspired throughout the day. In this blog post, we will share 30 motivational quotes to not only help you feel inspired but also have a success mindset during your first day at your new job.
1. "Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it." - Steve Jobs
2. “Just one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day.” - Dalai Lama
3. "Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it." – Lou Holtz
4. "Find a job you like and you add five days to every week." - H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
5. "I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it." - Thomas Jefferson
6. "Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the best." -John D. Rockefeller
7. "The only way to do great work is to love what you do." - Steve Jobs
8. "Your dream job doesn't exist. Get over it and start doing something worthwhile." - Robert Kiyosaki
9. "Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day-in and day-out." – Robert Collier
10. “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.” - George Lorimer
11. “Either you run the day or the day runs you.” - Jim Rohn
12. “I’m a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.” - Thomas Jefferson
13. “You've got to get up every morning with determination if you're going to go to bed with satisfaction.” - George Lorimer
14. “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” - Paulo Coelho
15. "People who love what they do, don’t have to work a day in their lives." - Unknown
16. “Don’t wish it were easier. Wish you were better.” - Jim Rohn
17. “Do the hard jobs first. The easy jobs will take care of themselves.” - Dale Carnegie
18. “Developing a good work ethic is key. Apply yourself at whatever you do, whether you're a janitor or taking your first summer job because that work ethic will be reflected in everything you do in life.” - Tyler Perry
19. "Without hustle, talent will only carry you so far." - Gary Vaynerchuk
20. "Working hard for something we don't care about is called stressed; working hard for something we love is called passion." - Simon Sinek
21. "I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done." -Lucille Ball
22. "Move out of your comfort zone. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new." - Brian Tracy
23. "Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful." - Joshua J. Marine
24. "Energy and persistence conquer all things." - Benjamin Franklin
25. "Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning." - Robert Kiyosaki
Recommended reading: Why You Need to Write Down Your Career Goals
Starting a new job can be both exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time. You may be eager to make a good impression on your co-workers, but it's important to remember to stay confident and motivated throughout the day. These motivational quotes will help you push through any challenging moments during your first day and many other days on the job. Just keep in mind that success comes to those who are willing to work hard and never give up. So, go out there and show the world what you're made of!
Which motivational quote did you like best? Let us know in the comments.