Got a job interview booked?
First of all, congratulations and well done! Nothing beats the feeling of getting an interview invitation, except perhaps getting a job offer. Job interviews can be nerve-wracking, but with the right preparation you can set yourself up for success. In this blog post, we will discuss 10 things that will help you make a great impression and increase your chances of getting the job! So that means scheduling the interview at your convenience so you can be prepared.
Below is a list of 10 things you need to know in order to be prepared for your interview. These are essential tips you definitely don’t want to overlook.
10 things that YOU need to know to smash your interview
1. Why are you applying? Whatever the reason, know your “why” and be ready to enunciate it.
2. Why do you want to work at this company? Don’t tell them who and what they are; they already know that. Tell them what makes the company appealing to YOU.
3. What is your understanding of the role? This is your interpretation of the job description.
4. How will you add value to the company? Talk about your strengths and what makes YOU the best candidate.
5. Know your own CV inside out. You may be asked to talk them through it.
6. Know your expectation of salary, bonus and commissions. Try to find out what fair market value is, or ask your recruiter.
7. Know what your current employment notice period is and what your start date can be.
8. Know how to answer behavioural questions using S.T.A.R. (Situation, Task, Action, Result)
9. Know which questions YOU want answers to.
10. Know something about the workplace culture. Review for example employee reviews on Glassdoor.
Pro-tip: Most importantly, know that if you are prepared and are simply yourself, you have just as much chance as anybody else! The best person you can be at an interview is yourself.
Related: 5 Ways to Maximize Your Job Search Productivity
Comment and share your thoughts if this list has helped you with your interview.
Want to get your resume into tip-top shape so you can quickly apply to jobs? Clickhere to get your CV reviewed. Also, click here for yourUltimate Guide To Job Interview Answers.