Getting up early, going to work, and doing the same thing day in and day out is really hard when you don't see the point. When you feel like you're stuck in a rut and your efforts are going unnoticed, it's easy to feel discouraged. It's easy to feel like you're just not cut out for success.
But the truth is, you are cut out for success. You have all the potential in the world to achieve great things. But sometimes, you just need a little bit of inspiration to get going.
Recommended reading: How to Stop Waiting for Life and Start Taking Action
If you're feeling down on your luck, or like you're stuck in a rut, check out these ten motivational quotes for career-ambitious professionals. These quotes will help to reignite your passion for success and push you to achieve even more!
Reasons To Stay Motivated And Achieve Your Career Goals
No one can dictate your success except for you. If you work hard and stay focused, you can achieve anything you set your mind to. There are countless reasons to stay motivated in your career, but here are just a few of the most important ones:
- Nobody is coming to save you
- You are in control of your own success
- You can create your own opportunities
- You can make a difference
- The world needs your talents
- You have the power to change things
- You can be a role model for others
- Your work is important
- Your success matters.
10 Motivational Quotes For Career Ambitious Professionals
Here are some motivational quotes for career ambitious professionals who are looking to take their success to the next level:
1) "Most people overestimate what they can do in one year and underestimate what they can do in ten years." ― Bill Gates
2) "The only way to do great work is to love what you do." ― Steve Jobs
3) "The difference between setting a goal and achieving it is in having a good plan and working it."
― Les Brown
4) "Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it." ― Steve Jobs
5) “Remember, you are not your job, you are not the clothes you wear, you are not the car you drive. You are not your bank account. You are not the contents of your purse. You are much more than that.” ― Suze Orman
6) “If your mind can conceive it, you can achieve it.” ― Napoleon Hill
7. “The sky is not the limit. There are infinite possibilities. Just keep reaching for the stars.” ― Unknown
8) “If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done." ― Unknown
9) "If you believe that achievement ends with retirement, you will slowly fade away. First of all, keeping the mind active is one way to prolong your life and to enjoy life to its fullest for as long as possible."
― Byron Pulsifer
10). "I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination."
― Jimmy Dean
You Are Responsible For Your Career
I don't know you. I don't know your situation in your life. I don't know if you're happy, sad, bored, comfortable, ambitious, lazy or a mixture of all the above. I do know this: The burden of getting ahead in life and in your career development is yours alone.
Whatever happened in the past has happened, it's done, and now you're here. if you learn to spot opportunities and exhaust the resources you have available, odds are you can make a dramatic improvement in your life.
The first step is always the hardest. The biggest barrier to success is often ourselves. We are our own worst enemies when it comes to getting ahead in life. We doubt ourselves, we procrastinate, we make these silly excuses. These are all things that hold us back from achieving our true potential.
The only way to overcome these self-imposed barriers is to take action. You need to get off your butt and do something. The sooner you start taking action, the sooner you will see results.
Remember, you are in control of your own success. No one else can dictate your success except for you. If you work hard and stay focused, you can achieve anything you set your mind to.
Things You Can Do When Feeling Stuck In Your Career
Know that you don't have to have it all figured out. However, it is important that you take action. If you feel like you are not making the most of your talents, skills or education. If you are in a job that doesn't make you happy, if you don't feel challenged, if you are not reaching your potential, then it is time for a change. The first step is always the hardest, but once you take that first step, the rest will be much easier.
If you're feeling stuck in your career, here are a few things you can do to get moving again:
- Take some time for self-reflection and ask yourself what it is you really want out of your career.
- Set realistic short and long-term goals and make a plan to achieve them.
- Start journaling your career goals and ambitions. Keeping career journal is a great tool for this.
- Get organized and make a commitment to taking action.
- Talk to a mentor or career coach for guidance and support.
- Network and connect with others in your field.
- Read books and articles and listen to podcasts about developing success habits.
- Learn about money: How to make it, save it and invest it.
- Take online courses or participate in training programs to improve your professional skills.
- Update your CV and LinkedIn profile. Create a job search strategy to find a new job or make a change in your current situation.
Things You Shouldn't Do When Feeling Stuck
When you're feeling stuck and demotivated in your career, it can be tempting to give up altogether. However, that is not the solution. Here are a few things you should avoid doing when you're struggling to stay motivated.
- Don't give up on your dreams and goals.
- Don't procrastinate and put things off.
- Don't wallow in self-pity and feel sorry for yourself.
- Don't compare yourself to others and focus on what they have that you don't.
- Don't stay in a job or situation that makes you unhappy.
- Don't be afraid to take risks and try new things.
- Don't isolate yourself.
- Don't do nothing.
Successful career-ambitious professionals know that success doesn't come easy. It takes hard work, dedication, and a lot of perseverance to achieve great things. But with these ten motivational quotes for career ambitious professionals, you can reignite your passion for success and push yourself to achieve even more!