Are you prepared for your zoom video call?
Looking for a new job? First of all, congratulations and well done for securing your job interview! Nothing beats the feeling of getting an interview invitation, except perhaps getting a job offer.
Job interviews can be nerve-wracking, but with the right preparation you can set yourself up for success. In this blog post, we will discuss 14 things that will help you make a great impression and increase your chances of getting the job!
For more interview tips read: Got a Phone Interview for a Job? How to Ace a Phone Interview
Below is a list of things you need to know in order to be prepared for your video interview. These are essential tips you definitely don’t want to overlook.
14 things that YOU need to know to ace your interview:
There are a number of general guidelines which may be of use to you if you are having a video interview. Noises that you may not notice in a face-to-face interview can become distracting in a video conference. Avoid tapping on a desk or shuffling papers. If on the phone, keep your CV and any supporting documents to hand, but try not to shuffle with them.
1. Test interview link, audio and camera before hand.
2. Elevate your laptop to avoid staring down into the camera.
3. Dress professionally for the interview.
4. Position yourself at a table, against a plain, neutral background.
5. Check the lighting in the room.
6. Close all other applications on your laptop.
7. Silence your cell phone, and disable vibration.
8. Have a copy of your resume and the job description at hand.
9. Attach post-its around the laptop screen with prompts and questions you wish to ask the interviewer.
10. Exclude kids, pets and other distractions from the room for the duration of the interview.
11. Have pen and paper at hand.
12. Have a glass of water next to you.
13. Have the phone number of the interviewer in case video connection is lost.
14. Make sure everything is fully charged!
If you follow the above 14 tips, you'll be as prepared as any candidate an interviewer has ever seen.
Related posts to help you in your job search:
That’s it for our video interview tips! We hope you found them helpful. Want to get your resume into tip-top shape so you can quickly apply to jobs? Click here to get your CV reviewed. Also, click here for your Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers. And good luck – we know you’ll do great!
Comment and share your thoughts if this list has helped you with your interview.